I’ve been thinking a lot lately of books that I would buy if I could go into Barnes and Noble or have a shopping spree on Amazon. Of course, I don’t need/want to buy all 500+ plus books. There are just a few select ones that I’m just itching to buy and I can’t wait until I do.
- The Princess Bride. I’m a fan of the movie (once I grew into it after years of being terrified) and I want to see if the book is half as good. Presuming the reviews I’ve heard from friends/family it’ll be a winner
The Elite and The Oneto finish off The Selection series. Book one practically blew my socks off with how glorious it was – minus the whole “you had to have a love triangle” part. I just really want to finish the series. More beautiful writing, please.
- Catch 22. What is with the book? I feel like pop culture references it enough (that episode of OTH where the kids cut class to be at Haley’s in point). I want to know why.
- Rebecca. It definitely isn’t what I thought it was going to be. But my summer class proff keeps bringing up Daphne Du Maurier and I feel the need to know the fascination. Horror it is, I guess.
- Les Miserables. Again I blame One Tree Hill for this one. Actually… I probably want to read most of the books mentioned on that show if I haven’t already.
- Tolstory. If it has Tolstoy’s name on it, I probably want to read it. Bragging rights, anyone? Besides the fact that I’ve always wanted to read them.
I have great taste in books. At least I think so. But this list has nothing on my actual physical TBR pile awaiting in my bedroom hidden among my bookshelves waiting to be pulled out for their chance to be proven in greatness.
- The Book Theif
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- The Giver
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- Moby Dick
- Ulysses (because I apparently enjoy taking being an over achieving reading nerd to a new level)
- Whatever else there is that I can’t think of because there’s plenty more books. always more books
Which has nothing on my currently reading pile even though there’s only 2 books
The Three Muskateers.Hm. I want to see what’s up with the adventure. So far it’s taken me awhile to get into but not entirely disappointing.
- A Clash of Kings. Book two of the Infamous Game of Thrones books. The first was a hit, and I’m hoping this one echoes in those sentiments. almost 1000 pages of entertainment it is.
Big list, no? I’m ready for it. So many places to visit and enjoy. or be scared of. What do you think of my list? What would you add to the “you should buy” pile? Let me know in the comments.